Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Another tough day of paternity leave. Sheryl woke me up at 5:30, and I had to get out of bed to get Cedar ready for school. Once we dropped her off, Johanna had a small bottle and slept until noon. In a show of solidarity, I slept with her on the couch, she was sprawled out on my stomach. I needed the rest as my back had hurt so much, I hadn't slept until 1 am the night before. The rest of the afternoon was spent reading, walking around the neighbor, drinking bottles, that kind of thing. Johanna was great until we waited in line at Felida to pick up Cedar.

From then on until around 4, Johanna cried. I tried to burp her for the better part of an hour, alternating that with trying to sing to her, distract her, giving her some more bottle, etc. She FINALLY burped 3 times, then fell to sleep again on my chest like nothing had happened. We were still there on the couch when Sheryl came home.

I don't know how many more days of this I can take (actually I do - 7 1/2 weeks!), and I will be sure to enjoy each one.

No comments: