Sunday, November 26, 2006

I was informed tonight that I am a selfish person who doesn't care about my wife (with whom I am legally separated), my step-child, or anyone else on the planet because all I write about are my thoughts about the baby. "He only writes about himself and that baby, so either he only thinks about himself or he doesn't care about anyone else."

NEWS FLASH: The blog title says, "watch our baby grow, with commentary by dad." It's about the baby! And my thoughts on being a dad of that same baby! It's not about my thoughts about my wife, the war in Iraq, what I think of Californians (who are making most of these accusations), or anything else.

You don't say that Ernest Hemingway hates all fish except for the two species he mentions in The Old Man and the Sea, do you? You don't say that William Faulkner is rude towards people outside the south or that Charles Dickens thinks less of non-Englanders just because they choose to limit their topics, do you? Flannery O'Connor never wrote poetry, she must hate Robert Frost, right???? The topic is the topic. Don't read more into it.

If you really care to see my thoughts on things other than my baby and my wonderful adventure (so far) in fatherhood, which is entering a new phase as I return to work tomorrow, I will create a new blog, just for you. I'll call it, "Here's Ron's thoughts on everything not related to Johanna so that everyone can see everything he ever thinks about so that nothing and nobody feels offended by being left out of Ron's thought life." Catchy title, eh? But I'm sure I'll offend someone, so I won't bother: "You didn't mention how you feel about Pluto not being a planet? What - it's too small, so you won't write about it?" "You never mention Canadians - are you racist or something?"

If you have a problem with what I write, there's a few million blogs out there, enjoy. If you want to see pictures of my baby with some commentary by me, because, heck, it is BY ME, then continue to enjoy this site.

That having been said, I know a bunch more pics of Johanna exist, but they're on Candi Talbott's camera, and Phyllis Taylor's camera, and my mother's camera, so I'll post them when I get them.

Have a nice day.

ron

PS I love blogging. Thanks to all the whiners for the motivation.
PSS The whole Pluto thing ruined by Zodiac chart: Darn those scientists! And I love most of the Canadians I know. PRC rules!

No comments: