Monday, January 22, 2007

Daddy time

I'm finding that I'm looking for "daddy time" every minute I can. Saturday I had JoJo all day, so we napped, hung around the house, and went to Aunt Sue's house after taking Cedar to a birthday party. It was a good, quiet day.

Sunday I didn't see her until 9:15 at night, so I was happy to take her and sleep with her on the couch, even going past my usual bedtime because I didn't want to wake her up - I eventually went to bed at midnight.

Monday was another limited-time day, but I have a cute story to share. Grandma Helene has a "tuneless lullaby" she uses with the grandkids when they're sleepy. JoJo was wearing down today and started to get cranky in the car. Cousin Hudson got a puckered face, but instead of joining in, he started doing the lullaby. JoJo stopped crying, looked at him, and soon fell asleep! Also, she came back from Grandma's house doing her "bbbbbth" thing, which she did for about 2 hours straight (with occasional laughter and encouragement from us). She hadn't done it at home for a while. Sounds like a good day for baby!

Below are some pics Sheryl took over the weekend:






Auntie Cari came up for the weekend. She said it was to snowboard on Mt. Hood, but she really wanted to see Cedar and JoJo.
Things are slowly getting better between the two babies in the house; Buster lets JoJo "pet" him, and she has to be guided in her "petting" so she doesn't grab. Buster still gets jealous and has snapped at her if she pulls his hair; he barks at Sheryl when she pays attention to JoJo and not to him. I don't like the snapping and barking, and I will kill that animal if he ever bites her.

No comments: