Monday, February 05, 2007

After getting a lot of attention at Cedar's birthday party, JoJo slept all night Saturday night - at least until 5 AM, when she gave her absolutely-positively-must-have-a-bottle-right-now cry. Before I could get her one, Sheryl came rushing in to feed her. She didn't want the crying to wake up the girls who were sleeping in the living room.

Sunday we went to church, then grandmas, then Sue's house. We had a great time hanging out, watching the football game (she slept through most of the game, but I'm working on her for next year). On the drive home, daddy pushed his luck one too many times and finally got caught on E just north of the 205 bridge. Aunt Sue and Uncle Rob came to our rescue, but it didn't help, so they took JoJo to grandma's house while I waited for a tow. I was glad to get her off the freeway, and thankfully she slept through it all! (Turns out the car needed more than the 2 gallons we gave it; after that it was fine!)

One surprising anecdote: I've had nights where JoJo has slept with Sheryl, but not when she's been at grandma's without me. I am getting used to her being in the room, and I grabbed the baby blanket she had slept on the night before and held it while I slept. I called grandma late that night and got a report early in the morning about how she was doing; not that I worried about the care, but I missed her nonetheless.

Also for the first time, she actually preferred me to other people in the room. Often, she'll go to anyone who wants her, no problem, and she will choose Sheryl over me at home, especially when she's hungry, but Sunday with the first time she cried when Sue was holding her and only calmed down when I took her back. She likes me, she really, really likes me!

Next time, more pics, less talk.

No comments: