Monday, September 29, 2008

5 nights without mommy and sis will end tonight. Some highlights:
- three visits with grandma, starting Tuesday night
- church with 25 kids in the 2 year old room. Jojo was one of the few that didn't cry. Of course, it helped that she clung to me the entire time!
- she slept through the night (8-4:45, bottle, then until 6ish) 3 nights (daddy was happy!)
- We were reading Madeline tonight, and a page was torn. She tugged at it, and I said, "Don't make it worse." Her reply (after continuing to tug): "I worsed it daddy, I worsed it."
- Muncha! Muncha! Muncha!
- she tried riding mommy's skateboard in the garage. I helped her the first time, then told her to sit on it. She continued to try riding on it until the inevitable happened - she slipped and fell on her face. Luckily, she hit the board, not the concrete floor.
- this morning, she almost got her full-body sleeper jammies off by herself. She gets the legs but still struggles with the arms. It was the first time I've seen her do the zipper neck to foot and get a leg out.
- I heard at least 3 different people in 3 different settings say they were amazed at her vocabulary and how smart she is.
- she discovered that many of the letters on her alphabet puzzle are reversible, so now she prefers to place the unpainted side up on the letters she can. She keeps trying to get the Q and R upside down, but they won't fit.

It's been a fun few days. I know she'll be excited tomorrow when she sees mommy.

No comments: