Monday, August 27, 2007

JoJo attended Grandpa's 65th birthday on Saturday. She also got to meet her Great-Aunt Pauline, who came all the way from New York for the party.

JoJo is a very confident walker, but she has also become more clingy lately, and she will not walk in a place with too many strangers or in a new place. At church, she refuses to be put down in the nursery, although this week she did allow it for a few seconds, until another toddler started to cry; then she was back in the arms for the rest of service. She also loves to tilt her head very far (see pic below) when someone is talking to her. At home, she'll put her head down on the ground and look backwards between her legs.

The best way to get a giggle out of her lately is to plop down on a bed or blanket - it's a game she learned down in California. Lately, it's the only way I can get a big laugh out of her.

She has been sleeping most of the night, although if she starts out in her crib, I will have to get her half-way through the night. I never thought I'd consider an uninterrupted night of sleep a luxury, but I do enjoy them when they happen.


Grandma surprised Grandpa with a big party.



JoJo grabbed a 4-square piece of my dark chocolate bar. This is the result!


With Great-Aunt Pauline. Notice the sideways head. I don't know where she learned that from.

No comments: