Monday, August 06, 2007



Today we went to the Salmon Creek trail and to the Ridgefield Preserve. At Ridgefield we saw some herons and some rabbits. JoJo is so observant - we'd stop on the trail and I'd say, "listen to the birds" (without pointing), and she'd immediately turn and point to the trees where the singing was coming from. After she grew tired of walking (the trail was too rough for the stroller), she sat down on the trail and started playing with clumps of grass, just pulling on them and laughing out loud. She also seems to know where blackberries come from because every time we passed a patch of blackberry bushes, she'd ask for some ("num, num"). I can tell she is full of berries when she starts playing with them, but then of course it's too late and her hands and clothes get all purple. Then she wants me to pick her up, so my shirt gets purple stains, too.

She also took a ride on my shoulders and seemed to like it. She leans down so she can see my face, then climbs back up.

Since I have only one week before I have to go back to work, I'm trying to spend as much time with her outside of the house as possible. It also frees Dr. Mom up to study for her exciting tests next week.

No comments: