Tuesday, June 09, 2009

I was admonished by my mother that I have not been keeping up on this blog.

The videos I referred to back in April are gone! I do have some more recently; they are below.

The big new thing with Jojo is "octagon." She has astonished a bunch of people lately with her recognition of stop signs and saying, "stop sign is an octagon." Of course, when tested, she couldn't identify a square, so the geometry stills needs some work, but she's one smart kid!

Jojo counts to 10 very well, and often gets to twelve before she either starts repeating herself or getting creative. She can also say her alphabet very well when she wants to. Thanks, Jeanie!

We're also working on please and thank you. I sometimes forgot to require her to say please, so it's still a work in progress.

Jojo has also discovered hitting. She will swing anything around, hit anything with anything, and loves shooting bad guys. I'm sure this has nothing to do with infatuation with her cousin Hudson, who is now her favorite person. She loves Hudson! When I tell her she is going to grandma's house, her first question is, "will Hudson come play?" She has gone to Hudson's house the last two weeks to play with him.

Finally, Jojo cannot go to bed with hearing "Goldilocks and the Three Bears" (and sometimes "and Flowers and her Mommy"). If I try to sing to her, she tells me "she's boring" (meaning, she's bored), and that I need to stop. I do try to pray with her after she sleeps, and often I'll get my "Jesus Loves Me" song in then.

I will try to post more often so each post isn't a long list of catch-up.

Enjoy the videos and pics below!


No comments: