Wednesday, June 24, 2009

"When I get bigger" is the latest theme, along with "Daddy says I'm getting to be a big girl."

My favorite is "when I get better, I'm going to teach Buster to ride a bicycle." Of course, if you laugh at it, she repeats it over and over again. Fun stuff.

So, what does it take to be a "big girl"? Potty trained? We're working on that. Sleep through the night? I wish. No more milk (soy or regular) in the middle of the night? Start school? Not rushing that one. What is the milestone, besides age?

Speaking of school, Jeanie's lessons have stuck! Jojo can say her ABC's ("next time I will listen to you!") and count to 12, after which she gets creative and repetitive. She also knows that a stop sign is an octagon (as mentioned below), but when you ask, "what does an octagon look like" the answer is simple: Jeanie has a blue one.

We went to the public library for story time today. That ladies who run story time are amazing, keeping the kids' attention and all, although I must say, if I had to listen to them all the time, they'd drive me crazy!

Below is a video Sheryl shot tonight. It's another "bigger" story:

No comments: