Thursday, July 30, 2009

Jojo was riding her tricycle tonight on our walk - the first night since we've been home it's been cool enough to walk.

A few things stood out. First, she actually pedaled the pedals - which is new. Now, the pedaling didn't really get her anywhere, but she was proud of herself for pedaling as I pushed her. She even declared, "I can steer left and I can steer right!" and she did actually steer in the correct directions while saying that. The second is a habit that's been developing for a while. She got excited about "exercising her legs" so she took one hand off the bars, put it to her ear and called Hudson. "Hudson, I'm exercising my legs. Want to come exercise with me? Hudson, I'm exercising..." on and one. She even switched hands a few times. Finally, it's only been a few times she's had the thumb strength to ring her bell. I asked her to ring her bell, and she said, "That's not a bell. This (the fork for the steering handles) is the horn - that (the bell!) is the bell. See? This is the horn, that's the bell."

We've been to the pool every day this week. She still cries when she gets her face wet. I don't know what it is, but kids keep coming up to us at the pool asking me about Jojo. Usually it's 4-5 year old girls. Then they splash us, which makes Jojo cry. I eventually have to ask them to leave us alone, usually politely, although this one girl got kinda mean about it. Jojo likes to stand between my legs as I sit on the pool bottom and use my hands to scoot along. A little girl actually tried to sit on my lap, getting between me and Jojo. Jojo yelled, "that's my daddy! You go away!"

No comments: