Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Day 2 had its share of fun. Johanna slept from 9 pm to 7 am with only a brief feeding at midnight. She then cried from 8:30-10:00, when we both fell asleep on the couch. I can still hear the crying, and it's no fun knowing you've done everything you think you can do - feed, change, burp, walk around, etc. and nothing works. She seems to like to lie on my arm in what the hospital called the "football hold." She relaxes if I walk around, esp. in bright light with her in that position. It also helps that I talk to her... Rumor has it I was the same way as a baby - lots of crying, lots of walking around.

We went to Felida 3 times today. Other than that, we stayed home and napped. She didn't particularly like the Charlie Chaplin movie I rented from Netflix - she slept right through it.

This week's social agenda is filling up fast: Lunch with Judy and Cindy Wednesday, a visit to Grandma's Thursday night and Friday, and a TBA lunch with Phyllis.

On a final note, I can't carry Johanna in the football hold with my right arm anymore - I seem to have strained by elbow! I'm pretty sure that's what did it because my left arm is starting to hurt the same way.

No comments: