Sunday, September 10, 2006


Relaxing on mom's legs at the lake on Labor Day.

With her big sister. Cedar's getting pretty confident carrying her around. If only I could get her to change a diaper!

I was trying different settings on my camera. I like how this black and white turned out.

A morning feeding while at Melanie's. What could be better? Receiving breakfast in bed while enjoying a view of the lake. She's got it made!

With mom at the lake. Cedar took this picture.

It's been over a week since I've posted anything on here. I've been lazy, really, but at work I've been scrambling to get a new tech situated, a new clerk trained, and the library ready for a new librarian while I'm gone. I know things will be in good hands.

Labor Day we spent at a local lake, wondering what happened to summer, and me dizzy from helping watch two kids, a baby, and an over-sized puppy that didn't understand why he had to be leashed up. He will be a challenge if baby and I are the only ones home all day....

Johanna has started to smile in the last weeks, mainly at Sheryl, but sometimes at me. She has already mastered keeping her head up, although she will flop from time to time. I'm still working on the chess skills, as en passant has her confused.

We also went to see Melanie up at the Lake named after the person whom our State is named after. She lives in a 50's era lake house surrounded by over-sized modern houses. It's almost funny to see the contrasts. Johanna did get to go with daddy to a bookstore - one of daddy's favorite places to go!

Tomorrow officially starts my paternity leave, and it'll be easy - Mondays will be my "day off" as Sheryl will take Johanna with her. I will take Cedar to school then be FREE for 6 hours! Tuesday through Friday I'll have Johanna during the day until I pick up Cedar at school. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: