Saturday, July 22, 2006

I've been amazed at how many caring people have called, e-mailed, phoned, etc. Baby Johanna is surrounded by many loving people, for which I am very grateful. I spent most of day 5 watching her sleep - she's very talented in that department, and she looks so cute doing it.

Johanna wasn't too impressed with the idea of bathing, even if it was a sponge bath from mommy. I agree because I'm a shower guy myself, but I could probably survive a sponge bath from Sheryl without crying too much.



Two big events on day 5. One good, one... not so good. But first the good! We had another visitor today - Judy Hermann, the library clerk at Felida. Judy brought some baby gifts (including two large dark chocolate bars for Daddy!) and stayed for a few hours. She agreed that Johanna is a very cute baby.










The bad news is that Sheryl had a 101.2 temp, so we spent from 9:30 pm - 1:30 at OHSU. A few doctors, a few drugs, a lot of waiting, one stop for french toast at Fat Dave's, and we were home. As I write this Saturday, we are back to doing what we do best: Lounging around the living room, watching TV, sleeping, avoding the heat, all the important stuff. We are waiting for Great-Aunt Johanna to come - our Saturday "visitor of the day."

ron

No comments: