Sunday, July 30, 2006

This about sums it up today - Sheryl is not feeling well, so she stayed home from church with the girls. I had volunteered to usher this morning, so I went alone. A lot of people asked about Johanna, and I'm sure they left church feeling unfulfilled because they didn't see her. I'll have to carry pics to calm the masses.

We were visited today by Jesse Taylor and his friend Stacy (I can never be sure how "creatively" girls spell their names, so I'm not sure this is right). Jesse is a college senior and basketball player extraordinaire. He wants to be an English teacher and basketball coach - which was my college ambition as well. I warned him to be careful, he might end up in the library reading Dr. Seuss to Kindergarteners! Stacy is also studying to be a teacher.

Jesse's sister Marissa had a baby a month ago, so we talked a while about the new additions, who, because of my closeness to the family, will probably see a lot of each other. In fact, Phyllis is coming Wednesday with Bryanna (sp.?), so it'll be fun to see the babies together. I used to change Marissa's diapers, and now she has a baby; I think that makes me officially "old".

No comments: