Thursday, July 20, 2006

So after I posted I realized I committed the greatest mistake (can't spell faux pa!) a new parent can make - I didn't mention size and weight! She is 7 lbs. 1.6 oz., 20 in. long. I told the church she was 19 in. so there's another mistake - I denied my daughter a full inch of her true identity. I hope she won't need therapy later in life: "My dad was always under-valuing me! Even when I was a baby."

I wrote 4 different e-mails from 4 different e-mail addresses (3 of them mine, 1 of them Sheryl's) to contact as many of the people we know as possible. I'm sure I missed someone and will be asked, "why didn't you?" So I'm saying sorry in advance. Turns out the info I sent out was wrong... to well over 100 people.

I haven't dropped her yet, so that's something in my favor. I'm sure I'll make many more mistakes over the years, but I know we'll have some fun together as well. Good thing my wife knows what she's doing....

Most of the pics I've taken of her are at http://briefcase.yahoo.com/theotherwhiteguy/

I'll update that site as I have time. A few pics are added in the next segment.

We were visited this second day by our neighbor Jill (who also decorated our house - pics to come) and Janet (Kendra's mom); both of them have daughters who are friends with Cedar. Most of my family came that evening.

No comments: