Tuesday, August 15, 2006


All last year I listened to stories of how much Judy loves her grandson Jance. Now it's fun to see her care about my Johanna, too.

The future librarian gets ready to lead storytime from Daddy's reading chair. I tried to tell her War and Peace wasn't good as a read-aloud, but she insisted on trying anyway.

Daddy distracted from work by more important things...

Doing what she does best: Looking cute and napping!

Today Johanna went to Felida for the first time. She was held by Jeniffer Williams, who has a daughter of her own, and was fed by Judy Hermann. Judy is Cedar's "4th grandma" and I'm sure she'd claim Johanna, too, if asked.

Speaking of Jeniffer, I remember back when her baby was born and I'd say things like, "yup, it's a baby" when I saw JC or her pics. Now I understand, it's not "just a baby." I've only heard one person give negative comments about how Johanna looks, and I was extremely upset at hearing it. I happen to think Johanna is a beautiful little girl. People say she looks like me, which I don't see yet, so I end up just smiling and saying something like, "you'd see more of a resemblance if I hadn't shaved her goatee this morning."

At work I kept thinking about the "work" that needs to be done before I go on leave, but I couldn't stop looking at Johanna, even when Judy was holding her. At home, part of me wants her to fall asleep so I can get things done around the house, but I'm spending more time just letting her sleep against my chest and talking to her when she's awake. She likes to move around while she's awake, so we move around the house, sometimes stopping in the dining room to waltz a few steps.

On another note, Buster has decided he likes taking diapers out of the garbage. I don't know why, but he's done it a lot in the last few days. Jealousy over the new favorite pet in the house?

Johanna's stomach problems continue, but she's calmed down since Sheryl got her some homeopathic colic medication. It's hard watching her turn beet red in pain, with her stomach hard as a rock, trying to poop, etc. knowing there's nothing I can do but try to calm her down. I'm glad Sheryl knows what she's doing because I sure don't (yet)!

No comments: