Thursday, August 10, 2006

Even though it says Thursday, this post is about Wednesday (I'm a slacker, what can I say?)






We had a special visit today from Phyllis Taylor and her granddaughter Briyanna. Bri is Marissa's daughter. I used to change Marissa's diapers, and here is her baby next to mine! Bri is 2 months old and is huge compared to Johanna. She's got a cute smile, although she wasn't too happy when grandma and I exchanged babies for a few minutes. Johanna slept; Bri cried!

Also, I realized how quickly I have picked up baby lingo. I went to work Wednesday to discuss my paternity leave with my new principal; our school's secretary has a new grandchild, so we had quite a discussion about different kinds of onesies - snaps, buttons, ones that go over their heads, etc. A month ago, I didn't even know what a onesie was! (FYI, the ones that snap across the front AND at the bottom are best. Pulling a onesie over a newborn's head is not a fun experience!) Body functions are also discussed openly at our house. I haven't heard "good burp" or "good one - did you hear that" since jr. high! Of course, Johanna gets blamed when someone else does it near her....

No comments: