Saturday, August 19, 2006


Aunt Sue enjoying her time with Johanna at Grandma's house.

Cousin Hudson is no longer the baby of the family, but he is still an adorable little boy. Last time he saw Johanna he was too busy playing with the other cousins. This time he and his mom Dorothy stopped to introduce him.

I can't explain the emotion I felt when I saw this site - Johanna so perfectly content with my mother smiling down on her. She was so warm and cuddly on her lap, I hated to take her home.


Saturday was a wonderful Grandma day for Johanna. While Dad and Grandpa went out looking for windows, Grandma and Johanna went to the store, sat on the porch, and spent a lot of time cuddling. Aunts Sue, Dorothy, and Tina also came by, since Grandma's house is baby-sitting central and a kind of home base for the entire family. Sue had seen Johanna before, but this is the first time she'd held her.

Grandma babysat while Sheryl and I went to dinner and a movie. When I came back and saw Johanna sleeping peacefully, with her mouth wide open and her hands over her head, I hated to interrupt. Grandma sure has a way with babies!

On another note, people keep asking what her size/weight have changed to. I haven't weighed her, and she doesn't have another appointment until the 2 month mark. I can tell you that the newborn diapers don't work for her anymore, so I know she's growing. She's just the perfect size for her head to be balanced in my hand, laying down on my forearm, with her butt against my bicep. How long that is in inches, I have no clue.

No comments: