Wednesday, August 16, 2006


Today we went to Sarah J. Anderson school to play on the playground. Johanna's first experience on a slide. (In case you're wondering, no, I'm not stupid enough to actually slide her down in that thing!)

After Sarah J. and a bottle, Johanna and I relaxed on our hammock in the backyard. She seems to like it (or does she just like me? :) )

A little blurry, but this is how the hammock looks lately: Buster trying to assert himself into his usual spot (on my lap), even going so far as to lean his paws and head on top of Johanna. It becomes a bit of a wrestling match as he doesn't like the idea of being replaced!


Woke up at 4:30 today. Why? Because Johanna was awake at 4:30 today. So was Sheryl. But she had 8 hours of clinic shifts ahead of her, so I took Johanna to the living room to cry out there. It took about an hour (and a little bit from a bottle) to settle down, and I slept on the chaise with her until 7:45. Waking up in a half-sitting, half-lying position on a chaise lounge is no fun, especially when you can't move for fear of waking or dropping the baby!

Having visited her first library yesterday, Johanna visited Three Creeks today. Cedar had earned some prizes, and I wanted to return the 9 books I had out. I know several of the staff, so they were excited to see Johanna as well (which reminds me - it's 10:30 at night, and I told Megan at 3 Creeks I'd e-mail her a better copy of the BB lists! Oops).

The colic is still an issue, and I can tell she's in pain because her crying sounds like they're coming from a sore throat. Sounds like my reflux, and while we're on the subject, her snoring sounds like grandpa Fred's, we know she's a true Wagner! But don't worry, mommy's a doctor, so we're good to go.

That's all for today, here's another pic of Sleeping Cutey (Cedar's idea). Enjoy!

No comments: