Friday, August 04, 2006

So it's been only two weeks and already I'm slacking... it's been three days since I added to Johanna's experiences. I haven't used the camera, either.

Wednesday was another marathon day as Johanna again survived her second all-day-with-Daddy experience. We were visited on Wednesday by two of my co-workers from Felida, Sara Van Brunt and Jennifer Beaman, both 5th grade teachers. They brought some cute gifts for Johanna and for Cedar (which may be why Cedar likes the baby so much: every visitor brings her a gift!). Jennifer and Sara stayed with Johanna while I went to pick up Zoe from summer school, which saved Johanna the trip - she cries every time I put her in the car seat!

Thursday was a sleep-in day as Mommy was beat after her long shifts Wednesday and from being up all night with baby. Johanna did have her first experience of lying on the hammock with daddy, an episode which would have gone smoother if Buster hadn't decided to assert himself and sit on her. Buster is used to lying across or on me on the hammock, and he did not see why having a baby there should stop him. After being shooed off once or two, he sat waiting with a sad look on his face, so we compromised and he laid next to us. I tell him each time something like this happens that I like him, but I love the baby, and she is more important!

Friday johanna went to her first party! We attended the graduation party of a student from Sheryl's school, one of many this summer. Everyone oohed and aahed at her size (I hear "tiny" alot) and her cuteness. She behaved very well, and even had her picture taken for a "one photo a day" blog that a student's husband publishes. I'll link to it once it's posted.

No comments: